Study Visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina
A delegation made up of Moldovan specialists from the Ministry of Health and in the field of mental health effectuated one-week study visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The five specialists from Moldova in the period of 24 – 30 July visited a number of state, social and health institutions from Bosnia and Herzegovina, including Republic of Srpska. During the study visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina Moldovan specialists participated at numerous meetings, including Federal Ministry of Health of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republic of Srpska, Health Insurance Fund from Tuzla, University Clinic from Tuzla, etc. Moldovan specialists were familiarized with the activities and reforms in mental health from Bosnia and Herzegovina. With this purpose they visited community mental health services from Sarajevo, Tuzla, Prnjavor (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and from cities of Doboj and Banja Luka from the Republic of Srpska.
The agenda of the study visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina also involved familiarization with the activities of certain associations that bring together mental health services beneficiaries, such as Associations „Feniks” from Tuzla and „Zajedno” from Banja Luka. Colleagues from Bosnia and Herzegovina called on Moldovan specialists to encourage establishment of such associations to foster “beneficiaries’ movement” in the Republic of Moldova.
The visit of Moldovan Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina was financially supported by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
*** Moldovan delegation was made up of:
- Eugenia Berzan, head of the Department of External Relations and European Integration in the ministry of Health;
- Mihai Hotineanu, main specialist in mental health from the Ministry of Health, executive director of Clinic Psychiatric Hospital from Chisinau;
- Valeriu Sava, national officer of Health Programs from Swiss Agency for Developman and Cooperation in Moldova;
- Jana Chihai, director of the project „Development of community-based mental health services in Moldova” (Community Mental Health Center from Chisinau);
- Mariana Balmuş, director of Mental Health Center from Ungheni.
- Anne Hassberger, representative of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, coordinator of Regional Health Program with the headquarters in Berna, director of the program for Moldova and CIS.